Friday, September 23, 2016

Little Moves, Big Changes

In My Castle


I know I've said it before but I will say it again, sometimes the smallest projects make a huge difference. It can be as simple as adding a lamp or hanging a piece of art in a bathroom from my one and only Bermuda trip.

The other day a friend was supposed to drop by to catch up so I left my late afternoon and early evening open. She ended up canceling and I decided to tackle a project I have had the goods for for at least six months - relocating the TV/cable cords.

I took all my pictures off the chest under the TV and grabbed the long white coax cable and those awful but wonderful cable/nail hook things. You know them.




 I moved furniture, stood on step stools, crawled under my desk, cursed, hammered my thumb - but finally got it done. From this:





To this:







B came over and made the final disconnection and connection between the modem and the cable box. Yay! It's a crazy improvement.

As I cooked dinner, B started and completed another simple and small task that makes my condo feel more like a home.









Excellent right? (from Magnolia Market - "Fixer Upper"). And how awesome is B!

I may not have all my broken mugs to put on here - these are all special too. Tea anyone?



No comments :

Post a Comment