Thursday, October 1, 2015

Jumping In


Here Goes Nothing - My First Blog Post

My name is J. Kyle Foster - I'm a recovering newspaper and wire service reporter, now financial news editor/SEC headline writer, and a recent transplant to Marco Island, Florida, where I have quickly become an island girl - always wanting to be outside and on the beautiful water here. At my sister Heather's urging, I am adding this new life of blogging to my world as I attempt to heal many things - not the least of which is my heart.


To sum up: I bought a condo with my boyfriend a year and a half ago. A condo we intended to renovate, reconstruct and recreate. While a lot was accomplished - removal of popcorn ceilings, installation of appliances - the condo remains under major construction but now the boyfriend is gone -  along with his daughter and his dog, both of whom I loved dearly. They just live on the other side of the island - far enough away I never see them, close enough that my heart breaks every day. 

ExBF has promised to help finish the still-sinkless kitchen, but as I work to get over this heartbreak, I have decided to dig in and work on other parts of the condo myself despite not having a clue about such things. And to achieve my goal of being out on the water, I bought two small sailboats, one of which needs significant work - we're talking hundreds of yards of sandpaper. And um, I don't know how to sail.

Thus here I am to write it all down. Like most of my life, this blog is a work in progress. I hope you enjoy.


5 comments :

  1. Love it! What a great way to track your journey and share your adventure. Can't wait for the next installment :D Love you! --Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Summer! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kyle I will love reading about your adventures of being an island girl! This first one was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theresa! Looking forward to your comments!! Xoxox

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about the heartbreak. I wish I could say something to make it better. But I will say that you have both grace & grit -- so I know you will get through this and find meaning and learning in it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete