Friday, October 16, 2015

10-Minute Improvement

Not Every Project Has to be a Big One

I have five drawings from Afghanistan that are cutely framed landscape scenes from a still war-torn country I visited twice in 2003. I very much want to return to Afghanistan, to finish or re-imagine a documentary I started so many years ago.

Hanging the drawings in my bedroom to look at when I go to bed at night will hopefully be encouraging and inspirational.


The frames have been sitting in a stack next the wall on which I planned to hang them for at least a month. Today on a break from work, I looked at them and said "let's do it."



A hammer, some nails, a pencil and a step ladder were all that were required. Oh and tweezers after I tapped a nail flush with the wall. Come on, certainly I was going to complicate a job this simple.Ten minutes and the frames were up. They make a nice view from my bed - and finally something is on the walls - or at least one wall.

After work, I have to take them down and clean them. The glass is filthy. I just wanted the job done - no time for cleaning in that 10 minutes. Haha


No comments :

Post a Comment