Sunday, June 4, 2017

The Shortest Post

New Duvet and a Win

Duvet arrived and it's happy and a new start! 

 

And here's a $12 chair I added from the consignment shop behind my house. It's a good, comfy reading chair sitting beneath Afghan art. 

 

And winning? First win - the lawsuit. Now to get repaid will be more difficult. But let's start with that triumph.

Second win - despite not feeling at all comfortable in my skin lately and not feeling well in general, I forced myself to stick to the commitment I made for a charity sports event - stand up paddle board poker run  for the Special Olympics. I did this even though friends I thought were also participating never signed up and made travel plans for the weekend - my fault for not following up after the initial mention and "yes, let's do it" responses. 

I did this despite knowing I would be in a swimsuit all day. I did this despite wondering whether my lungs and gut would cooperate. 

I had trouble at first - and found friends working safety for the event on a boat and got on - transferring the paddle board to their niece for a bit. After some water and some rest in the shade, I climbed  back on the board and l finished the event - mostly seated - but so did a lot of people. 5 miles on a paddle board is a long way and a long day.

I did it AND branched out and made new friends and ran into some lovely people I already knew. It was a good day. 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment