Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Daydreaming

Never Let Your Fear Decide You Fate

I sat and stared at my Sunfish last night, daydreaming about sailing her and contemplating her needs: a new rub rail, bow handle, a good cleaning and a dolly before I can even think of putting her in the water.

Jess said at I least I can look at an overwhelming project and make a to-do-list and go forward with it. True, I can. I'm slowly getting through the lists in my home - though the lists continue to multiply.

I should make a similar list for myself before I get back into the proverbial water. In my mind, I feel like I need to at least have a fully healed heart and mostly healed and functioning condo before I really put myself out there.

My friends disagree.

On the condo perhaps rightfully so - who knows when it will be finished. It's currently in a state of decoration and cleaning by hobo. It is going to take the right person to know me and realize I don't want to  live like a vagabond or maybe I'm putting too much weight on the situation or maybe it's a good excuse for me.

"Never let your fear decide your fate." A great line from Awolnation's song Kill Your Heroes. It resonated with me Sunday morning when I was running.

Well, I met an old man
Dying on a train.
No more destination,
No more pain.
Well, he said
"
One thing before I graduate
Never let your fear decide your fate."

I say ya kill your heroes and
Fly, fly, baby don't cry.
No need to worry cause
Everybody will die.


We're all the same - we all have flaws. I don't need to be perfect and neither does anything in my life to be able to open up to others and enjoy life. To love and be loved.

Now I just need to live this.

Fly, Fly.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4MzF53je5M



No comments :

Post a Comment