Thursday, November 19, 2015

Look Who's Still Hanging Around


And So Am I - Still Here, Still Me


Henrietta Hoots
My little burrowing owl friend has stuck around. She prowls about at night but almost everyday since she arrived, she has been outside my living room window. I hadn't seen her in a while because I was away working in Miami for a week and then working sunup to sundown on the weekends and then back to Miami for a couple of days. I worried maybe she had found a mate and started a burrow and moved on.

So when I saw Henrietta today, looking at me with those big eyes, turning her head sideways and paying attention to my movements and words to her, it made me smile, and I thought "Hey, I'm still here too."

I've hung on and I'm here and I'm going to be fine.





No comments :

Post a Comment